BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

AC27 wishlist

graan
Booster

Now that AC26 has almost arrived, perhaps we can already gather some wishes for AC27.
Again, wise to keep it short, and only name your top 3 with the highest priority.
Focus on what you want to contribute and don't react to what others submit worked well last time too.

107 REPLIES 107
4hotshoes
Advisor

I see no point in assigning wishes to an AC version number. A wish list, this wish list,  is for what ever future version of Archicad is available. If it a wish does not make the next release, the wish will be posted again and again until it becomes a new feature. Do you agree?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

I agree 100%.

A wish is a wish until it is granted.

Here is my suggestion.

Make a new thread for every wish.

One wish per thread - none of this 'top 3 wishes' which then goes to 4 or 5 and becomes a mess of unrelated wishes.

A single thread with a single wish will get noticed just as much as a thread with multiple wishes and will be easier to follow and discuss.

Take for example this thread.

It has gone from 'top 3 wishes' to people posting as many as they want.

There is no way to know just how important any single wish is.

Discussion has gone all over the place from one wish to another, and has now come to discuss how we should best be making wishes.

Clearly title the thread so the reason for the wish is obvious.

Tag the tread with "Wish".

Discuss only that wish with links to other posts if necessary.

"Like" the wish if you agree so everyone can see how popular it is (seeing is there is no way to Poll a wish at the moment.

The wish can remain active for as long as necessary.

I may not get many replies, but that does not mean it is not an important or popular wish.

Hopefully the 'likes' will show popularity.

Once granted a comment can be added to that effect and the thread can be locked.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes - which is how the Wish Forum actually works. What I find interesting is that there seem to be a difference in user interaction between proper wish topics and this topic. I think that says something both about the forum platform and GS approach to user feedback.

I will somewhat obstinately continue to point to this as a indicator for what to expect regarding user feedback - every day such a statement remain unchecked eats away at GS creditability and accountability. Coupled with new insights into how innovation works at GS I expect most additions to be features peripheral to the the workflow of most users rather than solid functionality enhancements or groundbreaking approaches to the top challenges of CAD/BIM applications.

@4hotshoes No. I have reached a conclusion that the whole user wish process is tolerated here purely to appease the eternal optimists. On balance I think most wishes are simply ignored or perhaps the core program is such a mess they are too difficult to integrate or fix? The single wish per thread serves GS well in that the thread quickly becomes buried & forgotten or resurfaces briefly when someone bumps it with a "Has this been fixed yet?". Yes a single thread Wishlist will never work, especially if it is merged year on year. It could work as a development progress marker, but until GS become proactive in addressing user concerns AC will just continue its messy journey of self-indulgence and indifference to user needs.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Darwuhr
Enthusiast

I would like they implement reinfocement modeling and detailing as this is something we do a lot in our firm. For now, we export the IFC file from Archicad and then model the reinforcement in Allplan, but there are still lots of problems with the IFC exchange. Archicad is very user friendly and intuitive when it comes to modeling, and it would be great if we could do all the work in the same program as out colleagues architects.

Hi @Darwuhr did you try out the Reinforcement solution from Eptar? https://www.eptar.hu/reinforcement

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Francois_MCD
Expert

Hello @DGSketcher I want to add these wishes to the list for AC26/27 or soonest that we can get these:

Thanks for starting this thread.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Yes, I have. The problem with Eptar Reinforcement is that it lacks of features and flexibility. 

It is a very good starting point for reinfocement in Archicad, but it could be much much better. One of the most important things it should work on is scheduling, labeling, rebar and meshes listing and cutting. I know we had problems with the weight of bars; the wrong weight was listed (we checked by hand).

If a solution like Eptar was incorporated in Archicad, with features already present in Eptar reworked and some new features added, it would be great.

Working with one software only would be a great plus for us. Currently we export the IFC file in another software for reinforcement modeling. There are problems when importing in the second software, for example elements were not reconized; we had our models checked by resellers of the programs we used and they said it is a problem in the programs - both AC and the second programs - IFC translators. This makes working with changes in the model, very difficult.

The versatility and the user friendly interface and workflows of Archicad, make me hope we will one day have a software that's easy to use and offers tools for most jobs.

Darwuhr
Enthusiast

Another wish:

Hide stair finish in plan, section and 3D when Core Only or Core of Load bearing elements only is selected in partial structure display.

Very important when making formwork plans.

Here is a simple one:

How about a switch to "show nodes" as an On-Screen View Option.  It would certainly assist in interacting with curved objects that want to share vertices. (The current workflow involves selecting multiple objects and editing the vetices as required.)

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...
Learn and get certified!