Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Group of zones

Tinou
Enthusiast

Hello, Was the issue of zone grouping solved in AC 26 ?

As far as I know it wasn't.

So I suppose millons of architects are waiting for this possibilitiy with AC, when they are like me projecting collective housing bildings.

Now I use zone numbers to collect all rooms of one flat in schedules. But I need a way to write the total area directly and automaticly on the plan wiew.

Étienne - AC 24 - France
8 REPLIES 8

No. GS doesn't seem to consider higher level entities such as groups, systems and zones to be something worth developing - you can always use the IFC manager!

Yves
Advocate

Hi,
A solution in this post by Mathias with python and a property

But not automatic we must restart the python script to update

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/PYTHON-Sum-area-script/td-p/371704

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

Thanks (merci !)

This should be directly included in next AC !

Étienne - AC 24 - France
runxel
Legend

In the German version we have the integrated "Wohnungsstempel" add-on (apartment stamp).

It kinda does what you want. But it is horrible and everybody hates it.

Then there is the great add-on by @BerndSchwarzenbacher.

But I agree that there should be a hierarchical order given in the system and something like this should be working out-of-the-box.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
KB-at-CWA
Booster

ArchiCAD really should just replace the Zone tool with a "Space" tool that allows you to group Spaces together into Zones. This would align it with IFC standards. They could remove a lot of the junk that is in the Zone tool right now as well

Graphisoft Certified Archicad BIM Manager - AC6 to AC25/AC26 macOS Ventura
Jarrod Phillips
Enthusiast

Hi Tinou,

A good workaround for this is to use the selections palette. You can save a selection of zones and give it a name. Then, if you need to reselect the same zones again, you simply click on the saved selection in the palette. You can find it by clicking on Windows > Palettes > Selections.

Cheers!

Jarrod

BIM Manager | Graduate of Architecture
Fulton Trotter Architects - Sydney, Australia
Archicad 15 - 27
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello, 

Thank you for all of your comments!
I'm happy to say we took notice and registered a wish under WISH-12777. 

I hope it will be implemented soon!

Best regards, 

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

jiratm
Contributor

We use a separate Zone (as if above the zone) for the description of the apartment. We call it "Business Area" because it is the area we "sell". This area, as opposed to the simple sum of the area of the rooms, includes the area under the internal walls. We must therefore use multiple layers for Zones and different stamps (or labels). Personally, I had to invent and program a special stamp that responds to the Model View Options (MVO) setting, which I also use to resolve the stamp content displayed.
All shown here: http://www.jirat.com/gdl-razitko-zony.html
This has only one catch, you can't then easily use the available properties of the other elements that define which Zone the element belongs to. Moreover, this property is not available for zones and so I can't automatically find out which Zone (Room) belongs to which Zone (Apartment), I can only use the manual entry of the value of the user property for that.