Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Search functionality "To link drawing" in the layout book.

Elopez
Contributor

In projects of large scale or extensive detailing containing hundreds of drawings, will be very appreciated to have the search functionality also available to users when a drawing needs to be relinked to a view.

in the layout book, when you right click on a drawing, this window (shown below) becomes available to facilitate the linking of the sheet to a view. Unfortunately, the search function is not available here. This option/wish (hopefully available in 28), will save a huge amount of scrolling time and will also contribute with your health, by avoiding the struggle in your sight, therefore a healthier vision for everyone.

1000051638.png

3 REPLIES 3

Noted. I tried to do the search before the post but none of these other previous msgs appeared.

Maybe this forum should have a option for ourselves to delete the post if we find that has been posted by someone else.

Anyway I am glad we are all in the same page and thank you for the clarification.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This feature is already implemented in Archicad 27.

LinkToDrawing-Search.png

There is about a dozen Dialogs where search fields were added in Ac27.

My favorite are this one and the search field in the Load Image from Library Dialog accessible from the Surfaces Dialog (when you assign/reassign a texture to a Surface).

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27