cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Surface based healing of all coplanar surfaces in plan

Paul King
Mentor

Please allow ALL adjacent elements (slabs / roofs / walls / beams etc) with matching surfaces to optionally merge with each other in plan views, healing any joint lines.

Sometimes the most straightforward way to model a surface (such as a floor or roof) that is flat when seen from above, but that has complexity / varying thicknesses below the surface in its construction, is to place multiple elements and element types side by side in plan to accurately reflect the construction in section.   

While this can currently clean up in 3D, in plan view, lines appear between flush elements of differing types despite them having the same surface, and even between two adjacent roofs or two adjacent slabs, despite having matching element type and matching surface attributes.

It should be possible for ALL elements to marked for participation in plan view clean up or not. With clean up being possible between different element types as well as between elements of a single type.

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

I agree.

Any polygonal element should have the option to hide an edge.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11