Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More options for fade distant area

Patrick M
Advisor

it would be incredibly helpful to have an option to set a number of distant area values, even if just for elevations. There are many times that we need 2-3 different weights of uncut pens of an elevation that steps back multiple levels, and the all or nothing approach is resulting in a lot of drafting polylines over our elevations for graphic clarity.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 1.04.40 PM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
3 REPLIES 3

Agree with the need but shouldn’t the functionality be moved to graphical overrides? Distance from cutting plane and perhaps being within an area or volume as criteria would give a lot of flexibility.

sure. I'm not a software engineer; I don't know if distance from cutting plane > x'-x" is easier to do than a marker setting that expands on the current framework. If it works as a marker setting, it works for me. If it makes more sense to move it to G.O.'s, I'm good with that too. I'm just sick of drafting polylines over my exterior elevations because "thats what we always do" is all the logic architects need to make a basic document tedious to put together.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Eduardo Rolon

Very old wish (AC Yahoo Group IIRC) from the time when they introduced the option everybody was asking why not 3 minumum.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator