Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Objects/Slabs Automatically Placed on Wrong Story

Does anyone else have the issue when you choose a favorite object, slab, etc and you go to place it in your model it automatically chooses a random story to place it on? For example I have my Lower Level open and I choose my vanity and go to place it...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

wall intersection problem

Hello. I have two types of walls intersecting as in the picture. The grey thick walls have a building material with greater priority and also a higher juction order value than the thin black ones. The reference line of the walls do not intersect. How...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to make a window in oval stretched wall

Hello there! I need some help, solving a design problem. We've made an oval walls, using profile manager and now we want to put some windows, but when I do, it doesn't see like it should. Can you give me an advice, what can I do or maybe I have to us...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

AC 20 - Modelling steel

What are the best options for modelling steel please? Beams and columns are fairly straightforward as far as I can see but my query primarily relates to the connections and details such as haunches.

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

overriding wall surface issue

Hello. I have a wall, to which I applied a building material (Surface-White). What I actually want is to override this material in the model and apply, but only to the edges, a brick surface. But when I select Brick for the edges, all surfaces of the...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shadows in 3D to scale

Hi, Does anyone know of how to change the colour settings in the 3D Vectorial Engine View? I am trying to do Shadows to scale - I'm saving the 3D view as a Basic Vectorial as this is the only 3D view that will save to scale. The only problem is that ...

ngoldie by Newcomer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

composite wall

Is it possible to graphically override skins of composite structures in a different way. IN my case I would like to get concrete to be black while thermal insulation transparent. I used those two rules that are presented in attachment abnosivi.jpg an...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can module ID be used to modify objects within module?

[Basic question about what can and cannot be done with GDL:] One can have an object display as text the full ID of an object within a module instance, that is to say the module ID followed by the object ID. Can one script an object that placed within...

Ignacio by Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Global Door Changes

Apologies in advance - new to ARCHICAD and I have spent a lot of time trying to work through the maze of materials and cant seem to find the right answer - I am trying to create standard doors, windows, etc. for my office standard. I want to create a...

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels