Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

Survey follow-up – Door/Window Detail Level

Dear Community, Many of you took part in our recent survey on “Detail Levels of doors and windows on a single drawing”: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Doors-amp-Windows-Detail-Levels-within-a-single-drawing-1-minute/m-p/...

Solid Element Operations (Bounding Box)

I have a recessed in-wall trash receptacle and I'm trying to subtract the wall where the receptacle is. Is there some easy way to do this? I could make a niche behind it, to fake it, but is there some way I can extract the bounding box from the wall?...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with EDU Serial Number

The following message appears when I applied for an educational license in MyArchicad: No serial number has been issued yet, please wait for our response Does anyone knows if it is normal for this to appear? Thank you

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD 11 EDU and transfer from 3DS to GDL

AC11 was 11 versions ago so a minimum 10 years outdated. It should be the same procedure as now. https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/collaboration/3ds-max/3d-studio-files-in-archicad/ but I have no idea on were to download the Addon for that versi...

Custom profile (with arc) changes width from AC21 to AC22

On the left is the fill I copied from AC 21 to AC22 to create a custom profile log. It is in a section view, sitting next to the actual profile it created. The difference in width is reflected in both 2D and 3D. Minimal as it may be I did not have th...

• 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Explore Tool - Moving Automatically

When I am in a generic perspective view and choose the explore icon to walk through the model, the software sometimes has an autolock in a particular direction. In my case once the explore icon is engaged my view automatically pans to the left as if ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sloping Curtain Wall Boundary Connection

Is it possible to generate an angled cut relative to the CW grid plane within the CW tool for situations where the transom meets the structure at the floor and head. I know of work arounds using SEOs, just wondering if there is a setting or if a cust...

Cuting a mesh with a plane.

Sometimes I am using a mesh to make the roads, and roads unlike the terrain has a continuous slope. So I wonder how I can simulate this with a mesh. If I could cut a mesh through 3 points (defining a plane) it will match my need.

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to model a Spiral Bridge

ARCHICAD speed modeling latest tutorial now online ! This time I thought a Spiral Bridge could be interesting. The tutorial shows you 2 different bridge ends, a T end and a curved one. Enjoy! Carsten

MEP Rotation script, and keep his snap points

Hello did someone achieves rotate a MEP connector without trigonometrical functions?, and keep the MEP vector available when a pice of pipe/duct its trying to connect to it. If you use the rotation cursor of 3d script, it just lose the "auto connecti...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes