Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Forum Posts

Dimension walls in plan to core or with finishes turned off

I've just discovered something that others might want to check. I am dimensioning to the core because this is required for my documentation. I have a composite wall comprising 90 mm stud with 10 mm plasterboard both sides. I noticed 10 mm errors in s...

KeesW by Advocate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Text - to Caps or not to Caps & general functionality

Despite finding a wish dating from around 2004 there seems to have been little to no movement to increase our text edit functionality. While I totally get ArchiCAD isn't a word processing program we find the text is incredibly clunky to use when tryi...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Project Info Categories

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default categories in the 'Project Info' window?

Resolved! Comma in Dimension?

How do I get rid of the comma in the DIMENSION? All my DIMENSION suddenly have a comma. I don't know what happened.

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! door fill

which option in the "model view option" do I check or uncheck to turn off the fill for the door? please see attached image.

dhnguyen by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

splitting 1 zone into multiple zones

Please see attached. It is 1 big floor plan. I need to split it into several zones to get the square footage. is there a way to split it rather than manually adjusting the polylines? Thank you

dhnguyen by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! TRANSFER LAYER COMBINATIONS BETWEEN JOBS

I have a number of jobs all with the exact same set of layers. When I first started these jobs I was unaware of layer combinations, so I do not have any combinations set up in my earlier jobs . Is there an easier way to transfer these layer combo's t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

elevations rendering questions

hello guys!i have archicad 20 and i want to save my elevations(or sections) as 1) a pdf or jpeg with textures and materials and stuff like that(textures as in the perspective). or 2) to save them as dwg document can you tell me the steps i have to fo...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

AUTOSCALE DIMENSIONS AND LABELS

Hi: Is there a way to auto scale dimension, texts, labels for different drawing scales in layouts? I draw a detail 1:5 scale for the final layout, but I have to send a particular detail to a vendor and create another layout letter size and place the ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

adjusting dimension in plan view

It's so hard for me to take a simple dimension, let's say 3'-0", and I want to take the tick mark and move it over to make it 3'-3". In AutoCAD I can just simply grab the tick mark and move freely, how do I do it here in ArchiCAD? Also once a dimensi...

dhnguyen by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes