Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Resolved! Turning insulation around windows and doors

Hello everyone!I have been trying unsuccessfully to turn the insulation around the doors of this building. I know it has something to do with the tab "Wall closure" but I haven't figured it out. The wall is a composite. All I've managed to do is turn...

Screenshot_2.jpg
HelenE by Booster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

change curtain wall panel reference line

valar morthulis, i think old style Archicad talk forum was better can't even add picture here, also imported topics' posts' alignment's are WRONG, i hope with updating everything will fall into place. my problem is actually not serious but if there i...

Resolved! roof edge surface not healing with wall surface

I was wondering why my roof edge is not healing with my wall when they are the same surface. I'd like those lines to go away. Also please remind me how to align the surface on the end edge of the roof to be vertical? 

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 11.49.37 AM.png

Brick window sill behavior is quirky

I have windows set in walls with brick veneer. Each window has a brick sill. I set the depth of the brick sill to be 3/4" beyond the brick wall surface. This worked well, until the client wanted a brick frame at each jamb. This brick is a stacked cou...

Wallniche side materials

What's the secret for having custom surfaces in a WALLNICHE? The status bit 256 is set, the materials (surfaces) as well, but it changes nothing. Any insight here?

runxel by Ace
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Injecting style of an object to another without changing size

Hi mates ! I was trying to inject the parameters of the white cabinet ( white front panel + black knobs ) into the red cabinet without making it change its build or dimensions. I tried transfer settings and excluding everything except classifications...

Mahmoud by Booster
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Door Leafs missing

I don't think they are missing but new styles are ignored Opened a model that was correct on laptop On desktop the leafs do not show And if I change the leafs - no change - just a flat panel or lo leaf - can't tell

Dynamic Arrays?

What do you consider to be best practise when modeling a system of elements that are configured as an array such as rafters, joists etc.? Quite often you want to be to change array parameters such as path, distance, number of copies.Multiply has clea...

House - Bent shell roof

ASM Techbase next Quick Coffee Tip is ready. This tutorial is showing you how to create a nice roof shape using the shell tool. Enjoy Carsten Link: