Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Resolved! Hotlink not showing all elements

Hi all..... We've started working with hotlinks, but seem to be missing elements in the "Master file" I have: 1x "Master" site. 1x Module A 1x Module B Module A and B has different storey settings. Module A and Master Site has the same storey setting...

Johann_P by Advocate
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Waffle Roof Systems - Complex Profile or Curtain Wall?

Which tool would work best to draw the enclosed waffle roof system? I tried realizing it using "Complex Profile," but unable to control the in-between glazing for waterproofing purposes. That's why I think the curtain wall tool should do the work so ...

Mjules by Advisor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Confusing Publisher feedback

Small issue, but yet: what is Publisher doing? It is still Finalizing. Oh wait, there is a check. And the button changed to Close. So it is done Finalizing. One can close and keep on working. I would propose “Finalizing” changes at the end to “Done/F...

Ignacio by Advisor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG? Plan view of railing does not match 3D

Anyone seen this before? The plan view representation of the handrail element of a guardrail object does not match it's 3D geometry view. Below is the Plan view. You can see that in plan it appears that the 2 handrails that come together at a corner ...

Slab edge angle and direction

I'm attempting to use the slab tool to cut away a site mesh to allow for retaining. The batter is 30° and starts 1.0m away from the building edge, starting 225mm below floor level. I've drawn in the slab to be used as the operator, offset by 1.0m, dr...

Morphs vs GDL Scripts

Hello : I am familiar with most of AC 18 but have not used the morph tool. I’ve written a number of GDL scripts which allow me to define posts and beams with tenons at each end. Parameters of these are set in the scripts. And that data can be exporte...

Creation of roads and driveways that follow mesh surface

Having some difficulty with creating roads and driveways. If we have a mesh (usually created using XYZ import from survey data) there are numerous nodes. We copy the mesh, change attributes to resemble a road (surfaces, building material etc). Then w...

Setting orientation Graphically (Rotation of plan view)

In the orientation settings at the bottom of the drawing in View Map, there are four preset angles: 0, 90, 180, and 270. Above that are user set angles. 1. Can the user set angles be erased? 2. I have a 0 in the user settings and a 0 in the preset ro...