Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

'Baking' Elements from GH to ArchiCAD

Hi folks, Yet another simple (and basic) question. I have a written a script in Grasshopper that basically generates a façade in front of a wall. I am happy with the result and now want to 'bake' the objects into ArchiCAD (as I would in Rhino), that ...

0scar by Newcomer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Window/Door Geometry Brep

The way I understand the window/door component it uses a gdl Element from my Archicad Library and thus the dimensions etc. are set in the settings dialogue in Archicad. Is there any way to extract the bounding box or rough dimensions of the opening (...

0scar by Newcomer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Layer combination confusion

For some reason my interior elevations will only show the layer combination that's currently applied to the floor plan. If I try to change them to a different layer combination, the little exclamation point appears in the interior elevation tab, but ...

700c by Beginner
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

ID field including the hotlink name

I thought I knew how to keep the hotlink name from being included in the element ID of anything from a hotlink. For example, if I have a door ID "01" in a hotlinked file named "common walls", the ID coming in for that door is now "common walls01". Ca...

Create Curved Convex Walls

Hey, I wanted to know how to create walls, which are not only curved (which I know how to) but are in the shape of " ( " like a convex shape. Also not just in a convex shape but a curved convex shape. I know I might be asking for a lot, but it would ...

Resolved! Suggestion for PICTURE2{3}

Hi there, PICTURE, PICTURE2 & PICTURE2{2} are great additions for GDL script, but their 2D version falls short compared to that of PICTURE specially with their mask values. And if you add the above point to the difficulty of getting a picture's size ...

Element transfer settings: slabs, beams and columns

Hi! I am trying to apply transfer settings from favorites to slabs, beams and columns that I have combined from an IFC. I want to transfer everything, except for cross-section dimensions, and slab thickness. I have seen in this forum that there is an...

GOBA by Newcomer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes