Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

Place a window on two walls - it will only show on one.

Hi.I need some help here. I have placed a window trough two walls, but the problem is as you can see on the picture. It will only show on one. What can I do to fix this? I tried "edit targets and operators" but it didn´t work.Thankful for help.   Jon...

Window.png
Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Zone Stamp

Does anyone know of a zone stamp that can return the length of the sides of a polygon? Not the total perimeter, but the length of each side. I would assume the stamp would place a limit on the number of sides to return as a circle would have infinite...

New User Struggles-- on the simplest things

Even though I have over six years AC experience v5 thru v7, I'm really struggling to do simple things. 1- I have tried to create 12'Wx14'H overhead door with glazing panels. The best I can do is to show 4 windows. 2- I've tried to create a simple fix...

DaveOlufs by Participant
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

complex 3D

When I am using complex 3D modelling (using third party models, like intensive foliage), after a certain number of polygons, ArchiCAD OpenGL takes way too much time to build the model. Yet the same 3D scene works flawlessly in say Rhino or 3DStudio. ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Scripting doors

I am scripting a custom door object that can be a single or double door, have sidelights, transoms etc. and thus far all is working well. However, in 2D when I turn on the sidelights what is the best way to get a correct wall opening? Right now I am ...

Erich by Newcomer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes