Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Model an arched roof.

What is the best way to model this brick arch (roof) See pic below. I thought an arched beam would be great but apparently can't do one. Shell with a custom edge? Not sure how to do that either. Extrude a custom beam profile....maybe that's it.

Future of BIM / ArchiCAD / Architectural Software in general

Hi All, What is your opinion about the future of Architectural Software in general? I'm researching in this direction and I'm interested what experts / students / programmers / and the software companies themselves think about it. My idea is that the...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stair : hiding numbering ignored on above story

Hi, I have a problem with setting the display properties of my stair : The stair is set to display on home and one story up. That works fine, the stair appears on both stories In "Up & down. Numbering" i unchecked "Show numbering". This removes the n...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Grid Lines in Reflected Ceiling Plans

So I have been making the RCPs for this project according to this video: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/documenting/3d-document/archicad-17-new-features-floor-plan-based-3d-documents/archicad-17-new-features-013-creating-a-reflected...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Survey hand drawn - how to make the angles for the property

So..was sent this survey. it was "hand drawn" a while while back. has contours, property line lengths and property line "angles". I know in acad...you type at the command line "145'@15D33'21"W" and it'll project that specific distance "and" angle and...

SITE-W-CONTOURS.png
rob2218 by Booster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Change own Guid with another one known

I need change the internal own Guid of my object with the other one of an other object. Can I do it? I need it because I use a GDL object as a main macro of different object, but I need in the final version have different guid for each macro. So I ca...

Label Mesh Points for Topography

I am using a mesh to generate topography from a site survey by aligning the mesh points on the points from the surveyors data. Is it possible to label each mesh point with a spot elevation automatically?? This would be helpful both in modeling and do...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Behold the little grid helper (local snap grid object)

Written on one afternoon out of frustration with having to constantly adjust snap grid positions and angles for my reflected ceiling plans. We still do them the good ol' way -- using slabs and cover fills, so precise and efficient placement of fixtur...

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels