Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

AC20 - Align top of steel to a level

Is it possible to quickly select all steel beams on a level and quickly align the top of them to a floor level/specific offset from a floor level. When I've used the align tool for the top of steel, the top of steel varies depending upon the differen...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

importing dwg as a trace and refference

Hi everyone, I have made some blueprints in autocad that i'd like to import in my archicad. I usually never have a problem doing this but this time Archicad doesn't give me the option of chosing a DWG-file. Just to be clear, I made a new independent ...

no dwg.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Get IFC parameters not working for stairs

I can use the following to get the IFC "Name" value with all elements except stairs and handrails. The n value is returned as zero. Can anyone help explain why? n = APPLICATION_QUERY ("ParentCustomParameters", "GetParameter(IFC.Attributes.Name)", val...

Pixelated Surface texture on Archicad 21

Hi All, I am having a bit of an issue with surface texture. In 3D view, all textures are showing pixelated. This includes Archicad's own surface as well as custom textures with texture image loaded on. Has anyone else similar problem before?

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.34.01 pm.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Combine Zones

In the basement, I have two apartments along with some rooms that belong to the apartment on the ground floor. To visualize this, is there any way to combine zones into a sort of superzone? I want to highlight that a set of zones belong to one apartm...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

GH-AC beam profile stretch bug

I have scratched the surface of this AC+RH+GH connection tool, and I love it. Just wanted to share a bug (I think it must be) so the tools can get better over time. (Mac Rhino 5 WIP+GrasshoHopper+AC21 INT) A beam profile gets stretched for no obvious...

mikas by Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Composite Skins - A cautionary tale

Following discussions with GS UK it would appear that although you can insert a skin with zero thickness in a composite wall the consequences in AC21 can be unexpected. I added one as a vapour membrane which needed to appear in the skin list label bu...

GRAPHISOFT Original Series

GRAPHISOFT has created an Original Series titled BYDESIGN that talks about today's architecture and the changing role of architects. You can watch the first episode here: http://bydesign.graphisoftus.com/episodes/ More episodes are coming in the next...