Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Chinese character imput (text)

Hi, We have a project in China, and (of course) we have to write in Simplified Chinese... In AC7, OS 10.2, everything is "out of the box" simple, but for some reason, AC8 v3 doesn't like asian characters, whenever I select the language from the OS ba...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I show a window correctly with a brick veneer?

Maybe I am missing something, but how does one properly show a window with brick veneer? My composite wall has a 4" brick exterior veneer, air space, 1/2" sheathing, 2x4 stud cavity, and 1/2" drywall. The window pastes itself with the brick moldings ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change materials in C4D

Or if you want to work solely in Cinema to make the changes, I have made an 8 step pdf that explains what to do. Selection Sets.pdf

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tangent to two circles - S version

~/archiben wrote:... what about the "S figure" version Thankfully that's easier ?! ... 1. Construct the cocentric axis as before (line between the two circle centres) 2. Copy-rotate this line around both ends/centres to generate the perpendiculars (t...

the-S-version.gif
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tangent to two circles

While we're waiting for the Magic-Addon package, including the option to click on two arcs and automatically create the tangent, we can pay some humble homage to the Greeks... Draw the two circles (or arcs) 1a) From the centres of each circle constru...

tang.gif
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help drawing complex wall segment

I am new to ArchiCAD. I'd like to model a composite wall segment consisting of three layers... basically, 2 concrete walls with an insulation layer between. But there's another twist. The concrete segments are "keyed" so that they lock together. Wall...

wallsegmentview.gif
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Stretchy angle hotspots in 2D

I am a tad confused about how the angled 2D moving hotspots work. After reading the manual about 100 times and randomly putting in numbers i got them to work but I have a few questions. 1. in the manual it states you need four points then they only s...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Showing dashed in section what's beyond the cut

Glad that did the trick, Michele. The tip that I learned this from was on the old list on October 10 - thanks again Djordje and Link - this belongs in the Tips section: http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m34966.html http://www.escribe.com/s...

Screening

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for simulating screening in elevation view? Partially hide what's behind? Thanks, Steve

Can't Create Line Tangent To Two Circles

In 2D, how do I create a line that is tangent to two circles? I can get the second endpoint tangent to the second circle, then reposition the first endpoint tangent to the first circle, but this makes the second point's angle different, therefore it ...

• 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels